One of the most popular architectural styles in the Downriver and Monroe County area is the ranch style home. First built in the 1920's, the ranch-style home gained huge popularity among the
Why Use a Realtor ® to Sell Your Home?
If you're thinking about selling your home, you've probably considered doing it yourself. Why get a REALTOR involved, right? After all, you've probably already sold a house before. Like most people, you think that doing it yourself might save a few bucks.
Maybe yes, maybe no. I'm all for self-reliance, but some things are just better left to the professionals. I could do my own taxes, but I may miss something really important that could either cost me more money or land me in jail. I hire a professional for this. Also, I know how cars work and could probably buy a book and do my own repairs, but cars have gotten really complicated over the years. I don't mind paying a professional to do it correctly because I know it will save me time and money over the long run.
With that in mind, here are eight reasons why you should work with a REALTOR.
1. Buying and selling a home typically requires disclosure forms, inspection reports, mortgage documents, insurance policies, deed, and multipage settlement statements. Some of these are required by law when transferring property. A knowledgeable real estate expert will help you navigate a complicated process.
2. REALTORS can provide local community information on zoning, municipal requirements, utilities and more. An experienced REALTOR is able to provide information to help you make informed statements and decisions.
3. There are many negotiating factors in a transaction - not just price. Terms, date of possession, buyer financing concerns, repair requests, inclusions, and more are all items that are also important when a buyer makes an offer. A REALTOR can provide experienced negotiating skills and advise you on recommended and required investigations and inspections so a transaction is smoothly conducted without headaches or unforeseen holdups.
4. Real estate doesn't sell on advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales come as a result of a REALTOR's contact with previous clients, referrals, family, and friends.
5. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR, you don't have to second-guess the decision to allow strangers in your home. A REALTOR will prescreen and accompany qualified buyer prospects through your home.
6. If you don't know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it's important to work with someone immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.
7. Most people only buy and sell a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years between each purchase. Even if you've done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an experienced expert on your side is critical.
8. Selling a home can be an emotional undertaking. This sale involves not only a large financial investment but the very place where you eat, sleep, live and raise your family. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.
Call me at (734) 778-2534 today to help you sell your Monroe County or Downriver home. As an experienced, knowledgeable REALTOR I can help make this an easy process.
Finally, not all real estate agents are REALTORS. The term REALTOR is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS and subscribes to its strict code of ethics.
For most people, a home is one of the largest purchases they will ever make. My clients hire me to make the process of buying or selling their home go as smoothly as possible. At the end of the tran....
Latest Blog Posts
Confused about the differences between Modular and Manufactured homes and how they differ from site-built or stick-built homes?Site-built homes are constructed entirely at the building site and must